New York Fashion Week begins tomorrow and continues for what seems like months for the fashion runways in Europe. And yes, it’s also awards season full of glitz and glamour, as usual. We have ideas to get you in the (beauty) mood from Pureology’s Artistic Ambassador Sandra Joseph. She’s offered advicesisters.com a bunch of her “decade of leading ladies looks” and “hair how-to” to re-create their red carpet styles.
2007: Queen of the red carpet Helen Mirren accepts the Oscar for “Best Actress” for her role in “The Queen”
- On damp hair, lightly mist Pureology Colour Fanatic for color and heat protection. To add volume and grip, distribute Root Lift spray hair mousse from scalp to ends.
- Begin blow-drying roots with a Denman brush to create lift. Continue with a medium round brush to finish the mid-shaft and ends.
- Create a right side part and lightly backcomb crown to mid-shaft. Apply a mist of Strengthening Control zero dulling hairspray all over, then smooth the surface with a soft brush.
- Tuck the hair behind the ear and finish with a layer of Strengthening Control zero dulling hairspray for a light flexible hold.
2008: French Actress Marion Cotillard wins “Best Actress” for her portrayal of Edith Piaf in “La Vie En Rose”
- For a great foundation with shape and shine, blow dry damp hair with a blend of Pureology Nourishing Nectar sculpting gel and Cuticle Polisher shine serum.
- Part hair on the left side and with a large iron and begin curling large off base sections. Add a light mist of Strengthening Control zero dulling hairspray with each curl for added shine and hold. Secure curls with clips as you work around the head.
- When you reach the right side around the face, take a smaller section and curl with a medium-sized iron for more defined curls. Secure with clips and allow to cool.
- For definition and memory, emulsify a small amount of Anti Breakage Twist shine texturizer throughout fingers and smooth left side behind the ear.
- Scrunch another application of Anti Breakage Twist shine texturizer to the right side to further enhance the curls, leaving them bouncy all evening long.
- To prime and protect Sandra’s beautiful hair, mist Colour Fanatic on damp hair.
- Apply Silk Bodifier volumizing mousse from roots to end for volume and fullness. Blow dry with a medium round brush concentrating on bending the ends.
- Create a deep long left side part. Smooth all the hair on the top of the head behind the right ear and mist Supreme Control high hold hairspray to lock in place.
- Place remainder of hair over the right shoulder and finish with Supreme Control high hold hairspray for an evening of fantastic hold.
2013: Jennifer Lawrence takes home the gold for her role in “Silver Linings Playbook”
- Layer Pureology Root Lift spray hair mousse from roots to end on dry hair and blowdry for volume and texture. Apply a small amount of Density Definer medium hold crème wax all over dry hair for hold and definition.
- Gather all the hair from the back and secure into a low pony. Tease the ponytail and create a low bun.
- Loosely gather hair from the left side, twist the ends, wrap around the bun and secure with pins. Repeat on the right side.
- Rake fingers through the top section, twist the ends and wrap around the bun.
- Finish with a few short bursts of Strengthening Control zero dulling hairspray for added shine and hold.
Need your own “closeup” red carpet moment? Visit StyleSeat.com/Pureology to book an appointment or buy authentic Pureology products from your local salon.