You can buy all the beauty products in the world, and submit to all sorts of spa and beauty treatments, but if you don’t get a good night’s sleep, you aren’t going to look great (that’s why sound sleep is often called, “beauty sleep”). There are plenty of ways to get good quality sleep, but one thing you must have to reach that goal, is a comfortable pillow. Sleep Innovations is a company I recently discovered at a holiday gift expo, that makes a wide variety of standard and more unusual, pillows,mattresses, and mattress toppers http://www.sleepinnovations.com/products.html
One of sleep Innovations’ latest pillows is the REJUVENATION™ While the he pillow is made from the company’s exclusive, premium memory foam, it doesn’t look all that comfortable, because the “built-in neck roll is a bump in the middle of the pillow. But once you lay your head down on it, you realize that the memory foam is soft, and immediately conforms to your body’s shape and weight. This unique pillow intrigued me because that neck roll positions the head and neck at an 18 degree angle during sleep. Sleep Innovations scientists say this is the “ideal angle” to optimize breathing for a deeper, more restful sleep. According to Sleep Innovations, sleep studies prove that while most ordinary pillows can restrict your breathing (so the pressure on your chest increases, and you awaken stiff and tired), the Rejuvenation™ Pillow helps you to breathe properly through your nose and mouth. Nighttime pressure on your chest is relieved, and so you sleep with the correct and comfortable alignment of your head and neck and get a better nights’ sleep TWhether you’re a side or back sleeper, the Rejuvenation™ Pillow can help make sleep, sounder. The company also makes more traditional, memory foam pillows, too.
I tried the pillow and found that I actually was getting a good night’s sleep, even though it was hot and I had plenty on my mind (like getting this new, advice sisters web site up and running –so please leave a comment and let me know how you like it). I am not sure about breathing better, because I tend to move around — I’m not just a back sleeper, but I certainly didn’t wake up any grumpier than usual!
Before you rush to buy this special pillow, however, there are a few things you should know about it. For starters, there may be bit of an odor when the pillow is first removed from the clear, poly bag it arrives in. That odor airs out within a day. Also, the memory foam is designed to be best used in a room heated at or above sixty two degrees. Most people will be sleeping in a room that is warmer than that anyway, but if you really like to sleep in a super-cold room, you may find that the foam is somewhat firmer. As you lie on the pillow, your body heat will warm it up, and it will soften. For those who need to know, the memory foam is made in the USA and does NOT have polybrominated dipeylethers (PBD’s) or toxic fumes. All the pillows come with a 5 year warranty and you can buy it or find out more at www.GetRejuvenation.com.
Prrice: You can try the pillow for 30 days and return it for your money back if you’re not happy with it, but if you keep it – be aware that the wording on the pricing of this pillow, nearly tricked me. You can try it for one payment of $19.95 plus $15.75 shipping and handling and if you don’t keep it you will get this cost refunded. But if you do want to keep it, you will need to make two more $19.95 payments. If I did the math right, that means the pillow is $59.85 plus that $15.95 shipping cost. That makes it pricey pillow at $75.60 But if you get a better nights’ sleep out of it for years, that’s priceless.
I also tried Sleep Innovation’s 2 in 1 Memory Foam/Micro Fiber Pillow that is recommended for all sleep positions. This pillow looks like an ordinary pillow, but it’s reversible! It has memory foam on one side and soft micro-fiber on the other. Memory foam supports and conforms to the head and neck to relieve painful pressure points. Micro-fiber provides the soft, supportive comfort of a conventional fiber pillow. Whether you are looking for the pressure-relieving properties of memory foam or the soft support of micro-fiber, this 2 in 1 pillow offers both. Some days, you may want to sleep on memory foam, other nights, you’ll flip it to the other side. It’s the best of both worlds. You can get this one at a number of in-store and online retailers including Kohls, Costco, Macy’s Walmart, Sears and Amazon.com for a more modest average price of $26.00
Beauty Sleep Bonus:
Olympic champion swimmer, Dara Torres is a spokesperson for Sleep Innovations. Here are some of her persona tips for better sleep:
1. Where you sleep matters. Torres knows too well the detriments of a poor night’s sleep. When she travels she often sleeps in a bed that is too small or on an uncomfortable mattress. She suggests the key to a good night sleep is selecting a place where you know you can sleep comfortably and recommends a bed that is spacious. Torres recently added a memory foam mattress topper to her bed and sleeps with her Sleep Innovations REJUVENATION™ Pillow – even when she travels – which improves air flow for a deeper sleep so she wakes feeling refreshed.
2. Be active during the day. As an athlete, Torres’ job keeps her more active than most, but even on her recovery days, she takes a long walk or brings her daughter to the park to get outside and keep moving.
3. Go to bed healthy, not hungry. Torres tries not to eat large meals late at night, but never goes to bed hungry. A healthy snack before bedtime helps prevent hunger. And a little dessert never hurt anyone either!
4. Stick to a sleep schedule. With Torres’ training and a young daughter in school, her family has a set sleep/wake schedule for most weeks. Even on days off or the weekend, Torres ensures the family wakes up at the same time to enjoy the day and keep to a consistent bedtime schedule to make it easier to fall asleep at night.
5. Find time to relax. As an athlete and busy mom, Torres’ days are full from start to finish. She strives to take time to relax and unwind as “downtime” is important to her. Whether it is reading a book or catching up on a favorite TV show, she recommends finding some down time to let the body recover before getting ready for bed.
“Recovery is as much a part of my daily routine as how I exercise and what I eat. A good night’s sleep and bedtime routine are critical to daytime energy and performance,” said Torres. “My bed is decked out for ultimate comfort and a proven night’s sleep with my Sleep Innovations gel mattress topper and my REJUVENATION™ Pillow, so I sleep better and wake up feeling refreshed and ready to face the day as a mom, athlete and businesswoman.”
Sleep Innovations is a leading retailer of consumer-driven foam products, Follow Sleep Innovations on Twitter at @GetRejuvenation. For more information, visit www.sleepinnovations.com