One usually associates Scotch Whiskey with a sour, or on the rocks. But the pineapple adds a mild and pleasant taste that is so surprising! What can you do with a unique product like this one (besides drinking it on the rocks)? How about a quick easy spritz that will please scotch drinkers and those who want a lighter cocktail. It will be fabulous for your Super Bowl party in February.
Buchanan’s Pina Fizz:
This is a mild and pleasant cocktail, with a wonderful pineapple nose, and a light caramel color. The cocktail is malty and grassy up front like a fine blended scotch whiskey. This moves on to a lingering pineapple finish. A refreshing drink for a scotch lover, that could serve either as a pre-dinner cocktail or a refreshing party beverage.
- 1 1/2 oz Buchanan’s Pineapple
- 4 oz mineral water
- Rim highball glass with Tajin.
- Pour Buchannan’s Pineapple into a highball glass over ice and top with mineral water. We rimmed the glass with sparkling crystal sugar for a festive look.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
Chinola ($30) and Don-Q Cristal ($18)
Here’s another easy, affordable way to wow the crowd, or just for the two of you. The Chinola Passion Fruit Liquor is sweet but not overwhelming. Add a smooth Puerto Rican white rum such as Don-Q Cristal and you have the makings of a wonderful daiquiri with a twist!
Chinola Passion Fruit Daiquiri;
This blend of Chinola passion fruit liquor and Don-Q’s fine Cristal white rum is a beautiful orange color with a floral nose broadened by toasty notes. The one we made was pretty strong, and the Don-Q shined through, with smooth fiery notes up front, a sweet tropical flavor in the mid-palatte, and a long, black peppery finish. This is a fun and eye-catching cocktail to enjoy by the pool, on the beach, or with friends at a party.
- 1 ounce white rum
- ¾ ounce Chinola passion fruit liqueur
- ¾ ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ ounce demerara syrup
- Lemon peel for garnish
- Chill a coupe glass.
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, white rum, Chinola, lime juice, and demerara syrup.
- Shake to chill.
- Strain into the chilled glass.
- Garnish with a lemon peel (we used a strawberry–use whatever you like).
If you make these drinks please let us know how they work out in the comments section. Happy New Year to everyone!