The Advice Sisters Beauty and Style (advicesisters.com) is the first online advice site offering advice about the things that help make life easier, more successful, interesting, satisfying, and beautiful.
Founded by Alison Blackman and her twin sister Jessica Freedman, advicesisters.com has been in continuous operation since 1997. Alison and Jessica are also widely credited with bringing the infotainment genre online, however, today, the website provides authentic features, reviews and suggestions full of information, inspiration, education, and motivation along with well…advice!
The primary focus is topics of beauty, fashion, lifestyle, travel, tech, food and beverages, entertainment, wellness, home, and trends. Our audience is primarily educated women ages 20-35. For more information visit the Advice Sisters media kit page.
Our articles resonate with our savvy adult female readers because they are well-written, detailed, responsibly-produced and they engage our loyal audience.
Write For Us (read carefully before pitching a story):
Would you like to guest post or be an Editor of one of our sections? Awesome! We’d love to connect with creative people who are influencers, taste-makers, and experts in their field.
Before you contact us via our Contact Form here is what you need to know:
What We Expect :
Know the difference between advertorial and editorial. We are not stupid and we know the difference.
Paid links and stories obviously focused on a particular company or service are accepted but they’re not editorial. They are considered as sponsored posts. We are happy to post there with free social media, but don’t waste your time (or ours) asking us for “guest posts” that are just thinly veiled free promotion. We’re not fooled.
Share your credentials (your bio, why are you qualified to write a specific type of article, and why you want to write for us). Do include some links to stories you have already published and to your own blog.
Don’t send an impersonal email blast (E.g. Hi editor I want to write for you,“). Make it personal or we’re not responding. Prove you’ve actually looked at advicesisters.com.
However, we do accept advertising and advertorials, There is a fee (refer to our Media Kit).
1. Articles must obviously be well written, original (not re-cycled or syndicated articles) and exclusive to advicesisters.com, We’d like to see samples from your own blog.
2. Your focus should be relevant to our mostly female audience ages20-40. Do consider writing about items of current interest that people are actively searching for in search engines.
3. The ideal article is 600 words in plain text so we can copy, paste and make any edits in WordPress.
4. Send jpegs as an attachment, We prefer your original photos but if you use others be sure they are free-use photos (we will definitely check).
5. Links are added at our discretion unless they are sponsored and relevant to the article. You can request a free link to your own website or social media. We use NoFollow only.
7. We publish articles from people who are experts and experienced in their topics, so don’t forget that author bio!
8. As mentioned above, before submitting, check out advicesisters.com and understand our website, the topics we cover, and our audience (more information see below).
What We Don’t Cover:
Our content is primarily geared for adult women with topics that help them make life easier, more successful, more interesting, more fun and more beautiful. We don’t cover babies, children or parenting.
Advertising inquiries are welcome but there are some topics we won’t publish including religious or political rants, hate speak or anything that might be very disturbing to readers.
If you are a public relations firm or company representative wishing to invite us to events or send pitches, feel free to use our Contact Form .
|Alison Blackman||Editor in Chief, Publisher, Beauty, Fashion Travel Editor|
|John Dunham||Food and Spirits Editor|
|Anthony Sabatini||Technology Editor|
|Michelle Touchet||Entertainment Editor|
|Roberta Brown||Lifestyles Editor|
|Norma McCallister||Trends Editor|
|Carolyn Cravins||Wellness Editor|
|Jennifer Weis||Contributing Writer|
|Julia Driagos||Contributing Writer|
Our Editorial Sections: