Skincare isn’t one size fits all, but Natura Brasil has developed Chronos, a new skincare line that reflects what (most) skin needs at various ages (30’s, 45+, 60+).
The formulas include three proprietary ingredients from the Amazon, along with advanced technology that reflect the company’s philosophy of self-care, caring for others and caring for the planet.
Specific Needs Skincare:
The idea of these collections is age positive skincare, created with the specific needs of a person’s skin at various ages.
For example, the Energizing Face Cream for 30+ has jambu extract and polyphenols (antioxidants extracted from essential ginger oil) to protect skin against the first signs of aging. These products have 9.5% active ingredients
The Chronos products for 45+ feature collagen-boosting Jatoba extract + Amino Acids to deeply moisturize, help firm, and restore radiance while working to smooth lines. These products have 11.1% active ingredients.
The big anti-aging guns are the products for 60+ with caseria extract + oligosaccharides to plump, hydrate and reduce the look of wrinkles. Caseria is a natural skin filler which stimulates elastin fibers and the production of hyaluronic acid, plus this cream has powerful oligosaccharides and 14.4% active ingredients.
The three moisturizers I tried were all nice, although they’re in screw-top jars with spatula applicators that don’t fit inside the cap (so they’re likely to get loose, and lost).Even the 60+ moisturizer was light and quickly absorbed. I could see switching these around as my skin required, regardless of the age range since all of them have great-for-your-skin benefits.
I have mixed feelings about this approach. I like the idea of skincare targeted to various stages of your life. However, not everyone in their 30’s, 40’s or 60’s has skin that is the norm for their age.
If your skin is really damaged early, you might need to step up your skincare earlier than someone else. So the products are really just categorized by what most people might need for their skin at a specific age range.
On the other hand, it’s about time that skincare companies realized that customized skincare is something people need and want. This Natura Brasil Chronos skincare takes it closer in that direction.
Natura believes in three main pillars: self-care, caring for others and caring for the planet. The spa-style products are eco-designed with refillable packaging —love this!
There are many Natura Brasil Chronos products but there are five complimentary products and they’re all packed with powerhouse skin-loving ingredients:
- Gentle Cleansing Mousse – gentle foam thoroughly removes dirt and impurities while maintaining skin’s natural balance
- Creamy Foaming Cleanser – formulated with Cupuaçu Butter, this mild rich cleanser removes impurities, while maintaining the skin’s natural balance. *the frothy foam with a floral scent in a plastic pump top bottle is fun to use and cleans beautifully and thoroughly leaving skin soft!
- Bi-phase Makeup Remover – gentle two-phase formula that removes makeup, enriched with natural humectants to protect the skin’s moisture barrier.
- Skin Brightening Exfoliator – dual-acting formula combines skin-brightening properties of glycolic acid with gentle exfoliation of bamboo micro-particles to reveal smooth, radiant skin
- Hydra-nourish Moisturizer – daily moisturizer hydrates and nourishes skin with vitamin E, rice peptides and Cupuaçu Butter while protecting it from damaging free radicals *this noisturizer is packaged in a flip top tube great for travel. The light fresh scent and easily absorbed lotion is easy to love.
The star product of the line (which I didn’t try) is the Daily Revitalizing Face Oil, a lightweight, enhanced blend of natural oils and esters (including five essential oils with powerful anti-oxidant properties). This face oil helps to restore vitality and radiance to dull, stressed skin caused by daily environmental saboteurs.
The Chronos skincare line retails for ($17.50- $62.00). For more information Visit the NaturaBrasil website www.naturabrasil.com
About NaturaBrasil Two of Natura’s most deeply held beliefs are that the world is interconnected, and that business can be a force for good. More than just producing great skincare, to date, Natura has saved nearly 635,000 acres of Amazon rainforest – the brand remains dedicated to sustainability, community development and a vision of beauty without stereotypes.