“Night and day, you are the one. Only you beneath the moon and under the sun…” So goes the classic song by Cole Porter made fresh and new by Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett. But I couldn’t help thinking of it when I received Night and Day Merle Norman All-Stars Skincare Sets.
These sets are a great way to try new things. They will make great gifts as long as they’re available. However, since these are limited editions, I’m not going into great detail. But the products are excellent. That’s why they are called Merle Norman “All-Stars!”
Merle Norman Cosmetics’ Daytime All–Stars Set has four travel-sized skincare items and a fabulous pink lipstick “Flutter,” and mioni mascara. The Night Kit has five travel-sized night skincare products. These are some of the best of the best items Merle Norman has to offer. If you get both sets you can still pack them into a travel bag and be covered for everything except your sun protection.
The Daytime All-Stars Set:
● Fine Line Minimizer – If you want to reduce to appearance of frown and laugh lines around the eye area, this one works with a Pro-Retinol serum. (.60 fl. oz)
● Wrinkle Smoother – I didn’t try this one, but it is supposed to boost smoothness and radiance while improving hydration and diminishing the appearance of aging lines and wrinkles. (Net weight .42 oz.)
● Skintelligent Eye Moisturizer – a great plumping and anti-wrinkle moisturizer designed to minimize dark circles and puffiness, and add a glow (Net weight .50 oz.)
● 24K Gold Firming Foundation Primer – I love this luxe foundation primer featuring 24-karat Gold flakes to lift. It has patented biopolymers that smooth the skin. The gold flakes make it more fun to use! (Net weight .28 oz.)
● Wicked Lash Mascara in Black – This is a volumizing mascara that lengthens, curls, and defines the lashes. The mini size is great for a purse or travel bag.
● Plush Lipstick in Flutter – This hydrating lipstick is infused with Vitamin F and Shea Butter to create soft, supple, kissable lips. This retail-sized lipstick is a medium/deep pink that will work with any skin tone.
The NightTime All-Stars Set:
Personally, I don’t use this much product at night. But if you have a regular night-time routine this set gives you everything you need, and more. Merle Norman Cosmetics’ Nighttime All–Stars Set has five trial-sized calming, age-defying products. If you love them, consider buying full-sized items. This gives you a chance to try the best of the best.
● Energizing Concentrate – Give your skin a bunch of moisture with Sodium Hyaluronate. It helps boost the performance of any moisturizer by improving the skin’s moisture barrier. Therefore it’s a must-have in dry climates and for Summer, especially. (Net weight .60 fl. oz.)
● Retinol Night Complex – Fight the signs of premature aging with this night serum that delivers Retinol and time-released antioxidants to protect the skin and enhance tone and texture for clear skin while diminishing the appearance of aging and wrinkles. If you are using this please do use good sunscreen in the daytime. (Net weight .50 fl. oz.)
● Nighttime Recovery Creme – This award-winning oil-free night creme increases moisture level by 50%. Your skin can retain 87% moisture even after 6 hours. This is due to a time-released hydrating formula, Merle Norman claims you will see results in just a few weeks. (Net weight .50 fl. oz.)
● Anti-Aging Complex Eye Cream – use day and night because it helps this anti-aging cream helps to smooth lines and deals with bags and puffiness under the eyes. (Net weight .30 fl. oz.)
● Anti-Aging Complex Body Lotion – Use after your shower to help restore elasticity and improve hydration. The antioxidant-rich formula is designed to soothe and soften. Although this product is in the night set, however, I use it in the morning too. (Net weight .4 fl. oz.)
Where to Buy:
Merle Norman Cosmetics Daytime All-Star Set, $78.50 ($149 retail value)
Merle Norman Cosmetics Nighttime All-Star Set, $99.50 ($156 retail value)
All Merle Norman Cosmetics products are available online at www.merlenormancosmetics.com and at Merle Norman Cosmetics Studios nationwide.